September 9, 2005
Class notes included:
- the characteristics of living things
- cells carry out the basic functions of the organism
- livings things are highly ordered
- living things are made of cells, are sensitive, grow and reproduce, use energy, evolve, and maintain homeostasis
- homeostasis is a stable internal environment
- livings things are studied on several levels
Homework due September 12, 2005 (on LL):
- What are some differences between living and non-living things?
- What does ATP stand for and what is it used for?
- Define homeostasis.
- Why are living things never at complete equilibrium?
- Arrange the following in order from smallest to largest: tissue, organ system, cell, organism, organ.